Protecting your eyes and your vision is an important part of living a healthy lifestyle.
If you are a NYSUT member looking for vision coverage for yourself and/or your family, consider the NYSUT Member Benefits Trust-endorsed Vision Plan.
Our endorsed Vision Plan provides one complete eye exam (including glaucoma testing and, when professionally indicated, dilation) and one pair of eyeglasses (lenses and frames) or contact lenses per benefit period, paid-in-full according to plan specifications from participating providers.
3 Easy Ways to Learn More:
For information about eligibility, to view frames, find participating providers (including all Davis or Empire Visionworks locations), and more:
1. Call Davis Vision toll-free at 877-923-2847 and use control code 4482
2. Visit https://davisvision.com/
3. Contact Member Benefits with any questions at 800-626-8101 weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST)
3 Easy Ways to Enroll:
1. Enrollment Form only if you are paying by credit card.
2. Print out the PDF of the Vision Plan Enrollment Form. After completing the enrollment form, please mail to NYSUT Member Benefits Trust, Attention: Voluntary Vision Plan, 800 Troy-Schenectady Road, Latham, NY 12110-2455.
3. Request an enrollment form with Pension Deduction Authorization Card by calling Member Benefits at 800-626-8101.
Upon receipt of your form, your enrollment will be processed and a confirmation of vision plan enrollment will be sent to you in approximately two weeks.
Once you’re confirmed, call an in-network provider, identify yourself with your name or NYSUT ID number (see your NYSUT membership card), make an appointment, and use all of the plan benefits at that visit (exam and glasses cannot be split in two appointments). The provider’s office will contact Davis Vision and verify your eligibility for benefits. No claim forms or ID cards are needed.
Davis Vision's Visionworks retail locations in New York State utilize simplified pricing and have done the following:
1. Unbundled the frame and lens package pricing
2. Removed the colored tags from glasses and replacing them with a price point. The Fashion frames price point is now $99.95; the Designer frames price point is now $129.95; and the Premier frames price point is now $149.95.
3. Frame co-pays will still apply when upgrading to the next level. If a frame is selected over the price point available, the patient will utilize their non-plan allowance
There have been no changes to Davis Vision members' out-of-pocket costs.
The NYSUT Member Benefits Trust-endorsed Vision Care Plan is provided by Davis Vision and administered by the NYSUT Member Benefits Trust.
The Davis Vision Voluntary Vision Plan is a NYSUT Member Benefits Trust (Member Benefits)-endorsed program. Member Benefits has an endorsement arrangement of 7.9% of premium. All such payments to Member Benefits are used solely to defray the costs of administering its various programs and, where appropriate, to enhance them. Member Benefits acts as your advocate; please contact Member Benefits at 800-626-8101 if you experience a problem with any endorsed program.