Member Benefits endorses insurance programs that can help to provide long-term care benefits.
With November being long-term care awareness month, now is a good time to consider long-term care benefits. According to this recent CBS News article, it could be beneficial to enroll in a long-term care insurance program before you enter retirement.
The article states the following reasons for why you should consider enrolling in this type of plan before retirement:
1. You will have a better chance of qualifying for a long-term care policy.
2. Rates will likely increase as you get older.
3. It's easier to make adjustments before facing a fixed income
The 2022 Mutual of Omaha Cost of Care Survey offers a breakdown of the cost of home care, assisted living and skilled nursing in different regions of the U.S. - View Now
Long-Term Care Insurance
NYSUT members and their families have access to a team of dedicated long-term care planning specialists through the our endorsed New York Long-Term Care Brokers program. These specialists will provide, explain and compare the different long-term care insurance providers and products to help you choose the best coverage at the most competitive premium.
Discounted long-term care insurance plans from highly-rated insurance companies (including the New York State Partnership for Long-Term Care) are available to eligible individuals from ages 40 to 74 for New York residents and ages 30 to 79 for non-New York residents.
LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE - Learn More
Universal Life/LifeEvents® Insurance program with Convalescent Care Benefit
Our endorsed Universal Life/LifeEvents® Insurance program with Convalescent Care Benefit (plus YourCare360® Care Planning Services) offers added financial protection for NYSUT members and/or their spouses/certified domestic partners along with access to long-term care resources.
This new program from Trustmark combines:
- Convalescent care benefits that can be used to help pay for long-term care services at any age.
- A life insurance benefit to help secure your family’s financial future.
- Caregiving tools provided by YourCare360® that offer guidance to manage your and/or your spouse's/certified domestic partner’s long-term care needs.
TRUSTMARK UNIVERSAL LIFE INSURANCE - Learn More