EPIC Hearing Service Plan
The NYSUT Member Benefits Corporation-endorsed EPIC (Ear Professionals International Corporation) Hearing Service Plan
offers a national network of more than 5,000 credentialed audiologists and ear, nose & throat physicians (more than 250 in New York state). Through these providers, members receive customized care and, if needed, may purchase brand-name hearing aids at substantial savings.
EPIC Hearing identifies and screens qualified experts in hearing evaluation and treatment. It researches and evaluates all hearing aid technology to assure the latest and most effective options are available. In addition, it negotiates the best prices for all treatment protocols, including hearing devices.
Substantial Savings on Hearing Aids
EPIC Hearing's prices may be as much as 60% below manufacturer’s suggested retail price and up to 35% lower than most discount offers. You could save up to 50% on testing diagnostics and batteries not covered by major medical insurance, and between 30% and 60% on name-brand hearing aids and products to protect and improve your hearing
EPIC Hearing also provides a three-year extended warranty on all standard, advanced and premium level products and a complementary year's supply of batteries with purchase (four and five-year extended warranty programs are also available for purchase).
All NYSUT members & their families are eligible to use this plan, and there are no fees to use the program. Best of all, EPIC Hearing will coordinate coverage with your existing health care plans.
2 Easy Ways to Learn More:
1. Call toll-free 866-956-5400 (make sure to provide the Member Benefits identifier code NYSUTMBC)
2. Visit http://www.epichearing.com/
After registering for the plan, you will receive a hearing service plan booklet outlining all plan benefits, services and pricing. A hearing counselor will coordinate a referral to a provider located near your home or work. Contact the provider and follow through with an appointment, examination and treatment.
EPIC Hearing coordinates with the provider, and payment would be made to EPIC. EPIC contacts the manufacturer, which ships the hearing system to the provider for fitting on the patient. The patient has a 45-day trial period for adjustments and follow-up care.
If you have a recent hearing exam (from within the past six months), you may take that recent audiogram with you to an EPIC provider to pursue hearing aids. EPIC will assist you in coordinating any insurance benefits or coverages when applicable.
Other Services Provided
1. Toll-free telephone support to any individual who may be active within the plan or may simply have questions about hearing care and hearing aids.
2. Ongoing support after the hearing aid purchase with direct battery programs (batteries are shipped directly to the member’s home); notification of new ancillary support products; hearing aid and cell phone compatibility assessment and advice; and referral to other services available on a state-by-state basis to hearing-impaired individuals.
3. Coordination with all insurance programs to assure maximum benefit on behalf of the patient/member.
4. Financing assistance through two national credit service companies. EPIC Hearing can confirm eligibility and pre-approval over the phone for a variety of credit plans to assist in the purchase of hearing aids.
There is an endorsement arrangement between the provider of this plan and the NYSUT Member Benefits Corporation. Click here for the details of this arrangement.
The NYSUT Member Benefits Corporation does not guarantee that this endorsed program is the lowest-cost product available to you, and you are encouraged to shop and compare other discount opportunities.