For an annual fee, the Legal Service Plan
offers unlimited access to toll-free legal advice weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST) as well as a toll-free hotline for urgent legal assistance outside of these hours.
Additional Services Offered at No Charge
1. Telephone advice & consultation with an attorney
2. Two, free, hour-long office consultations with a National Legal Office attorney or local referral attorney
3. Legal letters written & phone calls made on your behalf
4. Guaranteed maximum fees for specific legal matters
5. Discounts for uncontested estates -- probate
6. Nationwide referral attorney network
7. Legal Security Package that includes a Simple Will, Health Care Proxy, Living Will, and Power of Attorney
8. Guaranteed hourly rates
9. Advice on identity theft prevention and for identity theft victims
10. Assistance with debt consolidation
11. Assistance with mortgage foreclosure
12. Discounts for personal injury cases
13. Document preparation at fixed rates
14. Preventive Law Guide
newsletter (published three times per year)
15. Optional Riders for Elder Law & Business Protection
If your problem can’t be resolved by letter or phone, you will be referred to a participating referral attorney in your geographic area. These attorneys are located throughout the continental U.S.and discount their hourly rates for Plan members to either $250 an hour or 30% less than their standard hourly rate -- whichever is lower.
Optional Riders that can be Added to your Coverage
1. Elder Law Rider -- For an additional $55 per year, you can have access to Elder Law attorneys who have agreed to reduce their legal fees by 20% for plan members. These attorneys specialize in the financial and health care needs of the elderly. This rider provides an additional Legal Security Package that includes a Simple Will, Health Care Proxy and Living Will. Elder Law Rider benefits are extended to spouse/domestic partner, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, and grandparents-in-law.
2. Business Protection Rider -- For an additional $60 per year, you can have access to attorneys who charge discounted hourly rates to plan members of either $250 or 30% less than their usual hourly rate -- whichever is lower. These attorneys provide services such as incorporation and preparation of partnership agreements.